This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Browned Butter Pumpkin Brownies with Biscoff Buttercream Frosting
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, sliced in tablespoons
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Biscoff
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter into a small light bottomed sauce pot. Heat the butter over medium heat, until it melts. It will begin to foam a bit.
- Whisk continuously until butter changes from a lemon yellow to brown. It will begin to smell nutty. Remove the butter to a cool container.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave extra on the sides for handles, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir both sugars and browned butter together until combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin and the vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Stir just until everything is combined.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Carefully remove the brownies from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper to pull them out.
- For the frosting, stir butter, cookie butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until a thick paste forms.
- Stir in milk carefully and then mix vigorously to smooth out any lumps.
- Spread over brownies, cut into bars and serve.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cool Time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total Time: 01 hrs. 50 mins.
Tags: pumpkin, Biscoff, Desserts and Sweets,
Adapted from Cookies and Cups