This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar/jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup wing sauce
- Wonton wrappers
- 1 egg. lightly beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce, for serving
- Creamy blue cheese dip, for serving
- Mix together the shredded chicken, monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface, and spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the buffalo chicken mixture into the center of the wonton. Lightly moisten the edge of the wonton wrapper with water, and fold 1 corner diagonally across to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the wrapper together at the seam to seal. Make sure they are sealed tightly.
- Lightly brush the wonton with egg white, and dip the wonton into breadcrumbs on both sides to coat. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350ºF. Fry wontons in batches for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and golden brown. Place wontons on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil, and serve warm with celery, buffalo wing sauce, and creamy blue cheese dip.
Yield: approx 3 dozen* (see notes)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: chicken, cheese, egg, appetizer
Slightly adapted from Pop Sugar
When you want to cook them, allow the wontons to thaw at room temperature. Then proceed from step 3.
Join me in celebrating Isabel's Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee's Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma's Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!