Chicken, Spinach, and Noodle Casserole
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken
- 5 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup herbed panko bread crumbs (recommend Progresso)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot boil water for noodles, salt the water before adding the noodles and cook the noodles according to the package directions; drain and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the white wine and whisk for a minute to cook off the alcohol, then slowly add the chicken stock, whisking as you go.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, whisking often, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the yogurt and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken, spinach, and noodles to the sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and bake until the bread crumbs are golden and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. If the bread crumbs aren’t browned you can heat under the broiler for 1 or 2 minutes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 37 mins.
Total time: 42 mins.
Tags: chicken, spinach, pasta, easy meals,
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.