This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
This has been an uber stressful week!
It started off with cell phone issues. I got an alert on my phone that said
Your phone is corrupt and could be dangerous to use!
What does that mean? Is it going to blow up in my hand?? Are Ninjas going to jump out of the shadows at me? Holy crap!
I Googled what was going on and blah blah blah, long story short, my phone is a POS. There were several instances of this kind of thing happening with my brand of phone. Some people said you could do a factory reset.
That didn't work. Warnings kept popping up and programs kept crashing.
I took it into my carrier and was told "We can't do anything about it here". They said that I needed to take it to a shop the next town over and drop it off. Then they would send me a new phone.....sometime in the next few days.
Next few days?
Raise your hand if your cell phone is the ONLY phone you have.
There is NO way I could be without a phone for a few days.
Sooooo we are changing carriers. New phones should be here tomorrow, send the old phones in, and bing bang book problem solved.
Although the constant crashing, programs disappearing, and screen lock ups may drive me completely batty before the new phones get here!
Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 16.25-ounce bag of white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, water, and butter. With an electric hand mixer, beat on low just until combined, then turn speed up to medium, and mix 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, stir together butter, brown sugar, condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake (I poked about 35 to 40). Allow cake to cool a bit.
- Pour filling mixture over warm cake, gently spreading with a spatula as necessary.
- Let cake cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk or water. Beat together until well-combined. Add additional milk or water to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over room temperature cake.
- Enjoy immediately, or chill until it is time to eat.
I helped create a cookbook!
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.