I know we have barely gotten over our post Thanksgiving turkey comas, but I am sooooo excited for Christmas this year I couldn’t even wait for the 1st of December to start decorating! I swear I am just a big ol’ overgrown kid when it comes to Christmas, but this year it is even more so because the G-baby is old enough to really enjoy it.
Last year we propped her up to open presents, and she was more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual presents. This year is going to be a blast.
Going to see Santa, although I think there might be a chance of freak out with this since she is a bit shy with new people.
Going to see Christmas lights has always been a family tradition, so it will be fun to do it with her.
Baking Christmas cookies, hopefully Kylee with help stir instead of just eating the cookie dough!
I think she is a bit to young for another one of our traditions, watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
We usually watch it ohhhhh a minimum of 3 to 4 times.
She did however pick out The Year Without a Santa as a movie to watch the last time she was here. I was uber excited because I totally geek out over the old Christmas shows. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Bumbles bounce!), Frosty the Snowman, A Charlie Brown Christmas, all of those shows from my childhood
Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?
But, this cake, shall we just take a moment to discuss it?
It is amazeballs!
I am a huge pound cake lover, and am not proud to admit that I have been know to consume most of a loaf all on my own #dontjudge
But when it is as good as this?
Moist, with that perfect pound cake texture, and deeeeelicious eggnog flavor?
I dare you not to want to keep it all to yourself!
Eggnog Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter until smooth, slowly add in sugar until all combined. Beat butter on medium speed until light and cream and color pales.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Alternating the flour mixture and eggnog, starting and ending with the flour, add in both. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together 1 to 2 tablespoons of eggnog and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl, adding eggnog until desired consistency. Spoon over cooled cake.
- Let glaze set up for a few hours before serving or storing.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy these.
Do You Shop Amazon?
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.