Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups (1 lb) granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups (3 ¾ oz) Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (cold)
- 1 ½ cup (6 ¼ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13” baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Heat just until it’s hot (about 110°F to 120°F), but not bubbling; it’ll become shiny-looking as you stir it.
- Transfer the sugar mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth. Add the flour, again stirring until smooth, then stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into prepared dish.
- Spread the batter into prepared dish.
- Bake the brownies for about 35 minutes, until they feel set on the edges, and the center looks very moist, but not uncooked. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack before cutting and serving.
Yield: 20 brownies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: chocolate, egg, coffee, Desserts and Sweets, #SecretRecipeClub,