Green Chile Soup with Mini Jalapeno Havarti Grilled Cheese
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds roasted hatch green chiles, stems and seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups half and half
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- Fried tortilla strips
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 32 (1/2 inch thick) slices
- 16 slices of jalapeno cheese, halved
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add chopped hatch chiles, spinach, and cilantro, and cook, stirring, until spinach is slightly wilted, about 3 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream, and season with salt and pepper; puree with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender until smooth
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle over medium heat. Spread each slice of bread with butter. Place on slice of bread, butter side down, on the griddle and top with 2 of the sliced jalapeno havarti cheese halves. Place another slice of bread on top, butter side up. Cook until golden brown and flip over to toast the other side.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with fat free Greek yogurt and tortilla strips, and serve with the grilled cheese sandwiches.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 45 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.
Tags: Hatch green chile, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, spinach, cilantro, bread, cheese, sandwich, soup
When you start your Amazon shopping here, we get a small affiliate commission. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see?Let’s stay connected!