This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Hoisin Grilled Pork Chops
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 1 can of sliced pineapple
- 1/2 low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 bone-in sirloin chops
- Combine all the ingredients except the ginger, garlic, and pork chops, in a food processor. Blend until smooth and pour into saucepan.
- Add the ginger and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a flat bottomed dish and allow to cool.
- Place the pork chops into the dish, making sure to turn and coat both sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and shake off the excess. Allow to come to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning once. Grill remaining pineapple slices for the last couple of minutes. Allow pork chops to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl, removing the ginger and garlic.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce and grilled pineapple slices.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 12 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 12 hrs. 30 mins.
Tags: pork chops, ginger, garlic, pineapple, Hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, Grilling