This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
And then I was like, "GENIUS!"!
- 100% All-Vegetarian Feed
- Never fed hormones, antibiotics, steroids, animal by-products, recycled, or processed foods.
- Farm Fresh
- Excellent Source of Vitamins D & E
- Excellent Source of Vitamins B2, B5, B12
- 25% Less Saturated Fat Than Ordinary Eggs
- 115mg Omega-3 (EB Large eggs)
I have a broken foot so the Mr had to take things back and forth for me and he was afraid he would leave it under the broiler too long.
Instant Pot Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cups (8-ounce block) freshly shredded Swiss cheese, separated
- 8 large Eggland's Best Eggs (I used the Cage-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to your taste level)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish
- Spray 7-inch cake pan or casserole dish with olive oil spray, or coat with butter. Make sure it is very well covered to avoid the eggs sticking.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom of the dish for easy removal. *See Notes
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot to the medium saute setting. Add the bacon and fry until crisp.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set it aside on a paper towel.
- Add the onion to the pot and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove cooked onions with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl.
- If any bacon fat remains in the liner allow it to cool a bit and wipe it out with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon (reserving some for garnish if wanted), 1 1/2 cups of the Swiss cheese, and onions in the dish/pan and pour the egg mixture over them.
- Place the liner back into the pot and pour the water into it.
- Put the pan on the Instant Pot rack/trivet and carefully lower it into the Instant Pot with the handles. If your trivet does not have handles, you can make a handle with folded aluminum foil.
- Lock the lid and set your Instant Pot to 25 minutes high pressure. Make sure the vent is in the sealed position.
- Once it beeps, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before using the quick pressure release to remove any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the cake pan from the pressure cooker. Pat any water off the top with a towel.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese. Place under a broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese has browned a bit. Run a knife around the edges of the quiche and allow it to cool before carefully placing a plate over the top of the quiche. Turn it out onto the plate and then turn it over again onto the serving plate.
- Top with the remaining cooked bacon and chopped chives.
Trace around the bottom of the pan to get the size of the parchment paper circle you need to put into the bottom of the pan. Spray, or grease the parchment paper.
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.