Thanksgiving, then Christmas, and finally New Year’s Eve.
For as long as I can remember, it has been huge in my family. I remember spending the holidays with friends, family, and mountains of food as far as the eye could see. After my kids were born, I began to pass these traditions down to them. Over the holidays our home was always packed full of our loved ones, and of course, as much food as they could bring themselves to eat, which was a lotgang! But I love it.
Make Ahead Chipotle Breakfast Casserole
- 6 English muffins, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 pound chorizo (can sub 1 pound regular breakfast sausage if wanted)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish
- In a medium skillet, cook the chorizo until it renders and gets saucy.
- Layer 1/2 of the English muffin pieces into the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the cooked chorizo, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining English muffins, chorizo, and 1/3 of the cheese
- Mix the eggs, milk, chipotle pepper sauce, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the casserole loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until the eggs have completely set.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.