OhhhEmmmmmGeeeeee are you still stressing over the holidays?
When we hit that Christmas to New Year’s Day stretch, I think I begin to have an out of body experience, I swear it!
Maybe it is just me, but I seem to be doing so much, and moving so fast.
I have images of those cartoon characters that have a blur of what seems like 8 arms flying all over the place.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the holidays, and couldn’t imagine them without gathering my family and friends around me, but I tend to overdo it sometimes, which can leave me in the corner babbling about spending the Holidays on a deserted island next year!
However, no matter how stressful the holidays end up being, by next Halloween I am chomping at the bit, full of ideas for the upcoming parties and get-togethers. The stress of the previous year completely erased from my mind. It is either selective memory, or I am completely nuts
Let’s not dwell on which one it really is though OK?
We all love beef here (it isn’t Christmas without a big roast as the centerpiece of the table), so of course, the beef love continues on to New Year’s Eve, with even more beef on the table!
I love to create fancy schmancy appetizers and bites for my holiday parties, but take all of the help I can get by simplifying recipes as much as possible.. I absolutely love to impress without stress!
These Mini Beef Wellingtons are a great example of how to impress your guests, without pulling your hair out in the kitchen.
Cuz ummm ewwwwwww, who wants hairy food right?
I don’t know about you, but whenever I think of Beef Wellingtons I have images of Gordon Ramsay screaming and throwing things.
So, for some crazy reason, I decided I wanted to tackle making them.
Off I went to the interwebs to look for recipes.
Did you know that those fabulous hunks o’ beef, that Gordon gets red in the face over, require the making of pastry dough, mushroom duxelle (ya, I had no idea what that was either), crepes, and perfectly seared beef tenderloin?
No no no my friends, we can simplify this, I know we can.
Beef is so flavorful and doesn’t require a million ingredients, plus I know I sure don’t want to spend 3+ hours creating one appetizer!
These yummy little bites of beef are, tender, tasty, and done in much less time! They can even be made the day before and baked off right before your guests arrive.
Enjoy your party.
Have a glass of wine (or two),
and relax, your guests will never know that you didn’t slave for hours making these Mini Beef Wellingtons.
Oh, if your friends are beef lovers like mine, make twice as many than you think you need because they will disappear in the blink of an eye!
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon by MealDiva
- Chipotle Beef Taco Bites by Feed Me, Seymour
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pepper Steak in Wonton Cups by Flavor Mosaic
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Sausage, Egg and Cheese Roll-Ups by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beef Tenderloin Benedict by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Fried Steak by kimchi MOM
- Potato Pancakes with Filet Mignon and Fried Eggs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Braid by Curious Cuisiniere
- Awesome Avocado Steak Tacos by Cooking Chat
- Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cider Beef Stew by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak & Mushroom Pie by The Messy Baker
- Beef and Bean Enchilada Bake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Braised Beef Ravioli by Family Foodie
- Mom’s Lasagna by Alida’s Kitchen
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs by Casa de Crews
- Skillet Steak Fajitas by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!