This week Sunday Supper is talking “Foods that Travel Well” and I knew immediately that I had to share this with you because it has ZERO mayo in it. I did add some fresh mozzarella, but you could easily omit that if you are going to have this pasta at a picnic or BBQ and are worried about how long it might be out without refrigeration.
Pomodoro Fresco (Fresh Tomato) Pasta Salad
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 2 pounds ripe grape tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic (we love garlic), minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound short cut pasta (I used medium shells)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in chiffonade, save some for garnish
- 2 8-ounce packages of Ciliegine (fresh mini mozzarella balls), drained, or cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, salt, balsamic vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, and olive oil to a food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are rough chopped. Let sit for at least 1 hour, to let the flavors meld.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta. To assemble the salad, add the fresh basil and mozzarella cheese to the bowl with the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add the drained pasta and give it a stir to coat, and serve.
Prep Time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: tomato, garlic, parsley, pasta, basil, mozzarella cheese
Adapted from The Parsley Thief
Thanks to Marion from Our Life Tastes Good for hosting this awesome event!!
Now for more awesome recipes for “Food That Travels” from our Sunday Supper tastemakers:
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
Mains in Motion
- Baby Back Pork Loin Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- BBQ Chicken On The Grill To Go by Family Foodie
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad by Feeding Big
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
- 5 Comfort Food Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!