Roasted Baby Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Dipping Sauce
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 1 pound baby artichokes
- 2 1/2 lemons, juiced and divided
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat your oven to degrees 425 F.
- To prep the artichokes, trim the bottom stem about 1/4 inch. Using a pairing knife, peel the stem to remove any thick, fibrous strands
- Peel the thick outer leaves until you have reached the light green papery thin ones
- Using a chef knife, cut off the top of the artichoke, then slice the artichokes in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl add the artichoke halves, juice of two lemons, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet cut-side down.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, checking after 15 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Place the Greek yogurt, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, remaining lemon juice, and garlic into a food processor, blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pulse to combine.
Yield: 2 serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: artichoke, lemon, Greek yogurt, garlic, appetizer