Well, I am venturing out from my bedroom and feel like a bear waking up from hibernation. I caught that bug that was going around, and have spent the last few days bundled up in bed, in the dark, with the TV remote, and Nyquil. I have been living on scrambled eggs, toast, soup, and saltines. Not the most exciting diet, but it was what settled and quieted the tummy rumbles.
Last night was my first meal of “real” food, and I was craving salmon patties. I know that might sound weird to some of you, but since my brief period of time living in the south 20 some years ago, they have become one of my fave comfort foods.
Back in the day I made them with saltine crackers as the binder, and fried them in quite a bit of oil.
These days I have changed them up quite a bit.
Y’all know that I love quinoa right?
I have quite a few quinoa recipes here on the blog, some of which have continued to be in the most popular recipes. Recipes like my Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa, Slow Cooker Tandoori Chicken Quinoa, Grilled Ratatouille Quinoa, and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
That gave me the idea to use that little superfood as the binder in my favorite southern comfort food. This would give me the opportunity to add fiber and protein to the recipe, plus make it easier for me to get the rest of the gang to eat quinoa. Oh Kevin will eat it, but it isn’t his fave, and Miss Picky Pants has flat out told me that she is not a fan. In fact, when I told her I was putting quinoa in the salmon patties, I got the “what you talkin’ ;bout Willis” face.
Salmon Quinoa Patties
- 3 6-ounce cans of boneless skinless pink salmon (recommend Kirkland brand pink salmon)
- 4 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped (reserve about 1 tablespoon for garnish if desired)
- Zest of a small lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, completely cooled
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add salmon, along with the liquid in the can, to a large bowl and flake with fork. Mix in the green onion,parsley, lemon zest, and eggs. using your hands combine. Add cooked quinoa, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil, in a large nonstick skillet, over medium to medium high heat.
- Form into salmon mixture into 8 patties. Working in batches fry the patties on one side until golden brown, flip and repeat.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy these.
Do You Shop Amazon?
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.