While my mind still pined away for the sunny So Cal beaches, my tummy fell head over heels in love with the Seattle food scene.
I was never really a big seafood girl when I lived in San Diego.
Mexican food yes?
Seafood uummm. I mean it is a coastal city, but the seafood was just never a big deal. I think the only “seafood” I really ate was fried fish or shrimp, and the only fish I had cooked with was tilapia.
It is known for its salmon, clams, oysters, etc. But it was the Dungeness crab that I fell in love with.
Oh, don’t me wrong, I loves me some fresh salmon and I learned to love something I nevvvvvvvvvvvvver thought I would…..raw oysters!
The thought of that before I moved here made me shudder. But now I will gladly slurp from freshly shucked oysters with you any time!
Seattle-Style Dungeness Crab Roll
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 8 ounces fresh Dungeness crab meat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lemon, zested with half juiced
- Kosher salt
- 2 brioche buns
- Fresh chives, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, paprika, dry mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Gently fold in the crab.
- Butter the buns and toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Spoon half of the crab mixture on to each bun and top with chopped chives.
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: crab, lemon, chive, Sandwiches, #SundaySupper,
Now check out the other Hometown Food offerings from the Sunday Supper gang:
- Alamo City Breakfast Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bagels by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mickey Mouse Waffles by Wallflour Girl
- New York Style Bagels by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter and Fluff French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Vegan Timbits by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Candied Kumquat Peels, Kumquat Syrup, and Kumquat-Ade by Recipe for Perfection
- Wine Pairing Recommendations for Hometown Food by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Appetizers and Snacks
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cuban Sandwich Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Dip by Family Foodie
- South Jersey Boardwalk Caramel Corn by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chicken and Dumplings by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Cincinnati Chili by Palatable Pastime
- Fried Rice Vermicelli + Vegetable Fritters by Brunch with Joy
- Honey Cola Baked Ham by Magnolia Days
- Hot Brown Ham Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Joe’s Special by Nosh My Way
- Lentil, Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry by Mess Makes Food
- New England Beans and Cod by Cooking Chat
- Pasties by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Philadelphia Tomato Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Pierogies by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Portobello “Philly Cheese Steak” by Pancake Warriors
- Pittsburgh Devonshire Sandwich by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pozole Rojo by Simply Healthy Family
- Revved-up Poutine by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rice with Pork and Pineapple by Basic N Delicious
- San Francisco Cioppino by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Seattle-Style Dungeness Crab Roll by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Cheese Enchiladas with Chile con Carne by The Texan New Yorker
- Victory Pig Sicilian Style Pizza by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Xiang La Tu Zi // Hot and Spicy Rabbit by Curried Canteloupe
- Oven Toasted Ravioli by Curious Cuisiniere
- 1905 Salad by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Rice Pilaf by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Classic Italian Risotto in Bianco by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Greek Salad with Potato Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Steamed Eggs by Hip Foodie Mom
- Smoke House Cheesy Garlic Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Apple Crisp by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Buckeye Cupcakes by Desserts Required
- Carob Bumpy Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Earthquake Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Pocky Cake by NinjaBaker
- Grandma Sweeney’s Chocolate Cream Pie by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Michigan Apple Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mile High Strawberry Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pear Parkin by Happy Baking Days
- Vernors Cake by Country Girl in the Village
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.