This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 lemons, 1 juiced, 3 sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs (can remove the skin if wanted)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved (or quartered if larger)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zipper top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and close the bag. Mix the chicken in the bag to make sure it is all covered with the marinade. Place the bag on the counter, turning occasionally for an hour.
- Drizzle olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet and scatter the potatoes and onions on, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Using tongs, place the chicken thighs on top and slide the lemon slices in between them. Pour remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- If you want the skin darker, place the baking sheet under a broiler for a few minutes, until the skin has crisped up. DO NOT walk away during this process or the chicken might burn.