Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 coves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can of artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups rice
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or 2.
- Place the onion mixture in the slow cooker, along with the artichoke hearts, lemon juice and zest, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken thighs, and 1 cup of the chicken stock. Make sure the chicken is nestled down into the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and turn the slow cooker to warm. Mix the 2 tablespoons of corn starch with the 2 tablespoons of cold water until smooth. Add it into the slow cooker and stir to combine well. Replace the lid.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pot, bring the rice and remaining 4 cups of chicken stock to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve the Garlic Chicken over warm rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 06 hrs. 29 mins.
Total time: 6 hrs. 44 mins.
Tags: chicken, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, lemon, thyme, artichoke, rice, Slow Cooker Meals, #SundaySupper, Budget Meals
Now let’s move on to more wonderful dishes for your slow cooker pleasure!!
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Crockpot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach & White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa Soup with Kale and White Beans from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from Ninja Baking
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Triple Rich Chocolate Cake from MealDiva
- Slow Cooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Slow Cooker Sourdough Bread from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures