This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Slow Cooker Turkey Dip Sandwiches
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- 7 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 4 demi French baguettes, sliced in half
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
- For the turkey: In a small mixing bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons softened butter, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spread the onions over the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper. Spread the herb butter on the turkey, spreading half under the turkey skin. Place the turkey in the slow cooker breast side up. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degree F. Remove the turkey from the slow cooker, transfer to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil, and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve any juices from the slow cooker. Slice the turkey very thinly.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush each side of the sliced bread with the remaining softened butter and place on a baking sheet, buttered side up. Top each buttered baguette with sliced cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven. Pile the sliced turkey on the bottom half of each sandwich before topping it with the cheesy top. Serve the turkey au jus left over in the slow cooker for dipping.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 06 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 6 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: turkey, thyme, garlic, lemon, onion, bread, cheese, slow cooker, sandwich
Adapted from Kelsey Nixon
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it in Instagram and tag @BobbisKozyKtchn so I can see what you made.