- fresh veggies
- and bacon 🥓🥓🥓
I mean family + food + weekend = good times all the way around right?
But let’s take that equation just a bit further and add EASY with very little cleanup.
DING DING yes we have a winner my friends!
This easy to make breakfast starts out with one of my fave shortcuts, Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns. I am seriously never without a bag of these in my fridge gang. I rotate between the hash brown potatoes and the diced potatoes (perfect for my hash recipes).
But the goodness doesn’t stop there. They have O’Brien Potatoes, Garlic and Herb Hash Browns, Southwestern Hash Browns, and so much more. Check out all of their delicious products here.
I also grabbed a dozen of Eggland’s Best eggs. If you have ever had fresh eggs, you know that store bought just don’t hold a candle to them when it comes to flavor. “Eggland’s Best eggs come from chickens that are fed an all-vegetarian diet of healthy grains, canola oil, and a supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp, and Vitamin E. The Eggland’s Best hen feed contains no animal by-products and no recycled or processed foods. Eggland’s Best never uses hormones, steroids or antibiotics of any kind.”
And that my friends equals nutrition AND some pretty fabulous flavor!
Just look at those gorgeous golden yolks!
So, my darling foodies, head to the store and grab everything you need to make this delish Southwestern Style Sheet Pan Breakfast. Then gather the family around the table while it cooks away in your oven. Catch up on everything that has been going on, share some stories, some giggles, and a wonderful family style breakfast.
Aside from sharing some awesome family time, no one will complain about washing ONE pan!
Southwestern Style Sheet Pan Breakfast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet (or coat with nonstick spray).
- In a large bowl, combine the hash brown potatoes, butter, oregano, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss with tongs to combine.
- Spread potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges begin to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and create 4 wells. Add bacon slices and eggs, gently cracking the eggs into a small bowl, then pouring into each well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set and the yolks cooked to the desired firmness.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh salsa and cilantro
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and the milk, then add the potatoes bay leaves and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, and ham, and cook 5 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender, and ham is warmed through.
- Discard the bay leaves. Add the half and half and remove from heat. Slowly add the cheese to the soup and whisk until melted. Add more chicken stock (or water) if the soup is too thick
Did you make this recipe?