Tater Tot Cheeseburger Cups – Change up your burger game with these fun, kid friendly, cheeseburger cups.
I have been looking forward to this time ever since she was born. I knew it was going to give me a chance to work on kid friendly recipes. I have wanted to come up with meals that are either easy for the little ones to help out with, or are sure to please their picky little palates, and will eventually have a special little place on the blog for them. So keep an eye out for that
I hope you don’t mind me gushing over our little one. She just really makes my heart so happy. I can be having the week from hell, but when that little girl hugs me, and gives me that amazing smile, wellll I just melt and she is the only thing I see. I knew I was going to love her, but never realized how much I would love her.
It is funny to watch Mr Grumpy with her too. She brings out a side of him I never knew was there. That tough guy exterior disappears, and this Papa bear comes out that is silly, and cuddly, and so full of love. I just want to run up and squeeze him when he is like that, but I don’t want to disturb their “moments”.
Isn’t it funny how babies can do all these amazing things just by being there, and looking at you like they think you are the most amazing person in the world? Being a Nana is the best thing ever!
Now, let’s get onto the food shall we?
First of all you start out with tater tots, and who doesn’t like tater tots? They are just fun. Just take a look at these Loaded Breakfast Totchos. They are sooooo good, you just can’t help but dive in as soon as they hit the table!
Once in a while I will skinny up our tot game by making these Cheesy Cauliflower Tots, which are amazing in their own right, and a great guilt free was to quiet your tot cravings. I am going to try making these cups with those cauli-tots next time. I will let you know how they come out OK?
These take a little bit of time to make, but it is just baking time. The sauce, and burger filling is done in no time flat, you just have to make sure those tots get nice and crispy so you have a good shell for all that cheeseburgerness.
Or if you are a mushroom Swiss burger lover, like we are, you could change it up with some sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese sauce, like I did in this Mushroom Swiss Cheeseburger Macaroni.
The sky is the limit really? So I would love to hear what other versions you want to make!
Tater Tot Cheeseburger Cups
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 80 frozen tater tots
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray muffin pans and place 5 tater tots in each cup. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons ketchup, dill pickle relish, 1 tablespoon mustard, and the onion powder. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add the ground beef, onions, and garlic. Cook until beef is browned and the onions softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard, and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a spoon, or tamper to press the tater tots down to form a cup. Salt the cups and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove the cups from the oven and fill them with 2 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture and top with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Place the tater tot cups back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- Drizzle the cups with the sauce and top with diced tomato and fresh parsley.
Yield: 16 cheeseburger cups
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
- Calories: 703 (per 4 cup serving)
- Totalcarbs: 55
- Fat: 36
- Protein: 37
- Sodium: 1608
Tags: ground beef, potatoes, kid friendly, gluten free,
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.