This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It contains twice as much fiber as most other grains, iron, lysine, B2, and has a high content of manganese. Which, when translate means, it helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes, improves energy, and makes you feel fuller for longer. Which means no arm chewing!
But, all of that means diddly squat if it doesn't taste good!
It tastes fantabulous!
DUH right? You are like, why in the heck would she be posting all of this if it tasted like cardboard?
I just wanted sound all smart and healthy before I just started babbling on and on about how much I love it,
and how I ate it for lunch,
for two weeks!
blah blah blah
Ya, that kind of stuff.
I don't know about you, but I get all excited when I find something I want to eat that I don't feel bad about eating every day.
Oh how I wish mac and cheese fell into that category
Tex-Mex Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the stock, quinoa cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Add the spinach and gently toss with the quinoa until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the corn, black beans black beans, and lime juice.
- Top with crumbled cotija cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 27 mins.
Total time: 37 mins.
Tags: quinoa, black beans, spinach, corn, healthy, salad, gluten free
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!