A couple of weeks ago I decided that I was going to make some changes in my eating habits. Call it being 50 *cough* or blame it on the fact that my new granddaughter is here, which has lit a fire under my butt to get up and moving and into good shape. But I have really been determined to make changes, and stick to them.
Some of the changes are, focusing more on eating proteins, getting my veggies in, and cutting waaaaaay back on my bread and pasta consumption. Ya, all good ideas right? Sure they are. But before you begin to whoop and holla and chant my name, can I tell you how hard it has been? I mean, I am the mac and cheese queen, and I loves me some bread. There were days that I had bread breakfast, lunch , and dinner. YIKES!
So when I got the chance to try out one of Hidden Valley Ranch‘s new dressing flavors I went straight for the Sweet Chili. They have Avocado Ranch, Cucumber Ranch, Light Cucumber Ranch, Sweet Chili Ranch and Roasted Garlic Ranch. But I have really been into Asian flavors lately, so I knew I had to go for something along the Thai road. You know that sweet/heat kinda thang. Yummmm!!
Of course the first thing I thought of was a big bowl of salad, and I have indeed enjoyed that several times, but I have kind of had sandwich on the brain since I have cut back on the bread. I had just bought some wraps, and flatbread, so I eeny, meany, miney, moed it to decide which one I was going to use. The flatbread won out.
I made my go-to Thai peanut sauce, seriously people, I eat this stuff with a spoon!! I grabbed chicken tenders (I always have a bag of them in my freezer), and some gorgeous fresh veggies, and topped it off with a drizzle of that awesome Sweet Chili Ranch.
Thai Chicken Flatbread Sandwiches
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 1 15-ounce can of light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 multi grain flatbreads
- Mixed baby greens
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Hidden Valley Ranch Sweet Chili Ranch Dressing
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small sauce pan whisk the coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce, red curry paste, brown sugar, and sriracha, over medium heat simmering for 5 minutes making sure to stir often to avoid the sauce sticking to the pan. Remove from the heat. Set aside and allow the sauce to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper, and place in the hot skillet. Cook for 3 minutes and then turn over, cooking an additional 3 minutes or until they reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F. Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil. When cool, slice the chicken tenders into strips.
- Store remaining peanut sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or freezer.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce on the bottom of the flatbread, top with baby greens, sliced red bell pepper, shredded carrot, red onion slices, chicken strips, and a drizzle of the sweet chili ranch. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 11 mins.
Total time: 21 mins.
Tags: coconut milk, peanut butter, sriracha, chicken, baby greens, carrot, red bell pepper, red onion, Hidden Valley Ranch, Sweet Chili Ranch, cilantro, sandwich
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.