This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
This Keto Oatmeal is an oat-free take on the popular overnight oatmeal breakfast! With just 6 ingredients, it is a low carb and gluten-free breakfast that is creamy and delicious. You will never guess there are no oats involved!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
IS OATMEAL KETO?
Traditional oatmeal is definitely NOT keto, as it has way too many carbs per serving.
But the good news is it’s super easy to make this low carb oatmeal with just a few ingredients!
I know when you are eating low carb it can seem like you have to give up all of your favorite foods. But, with this oatmeal recipe, you can once again enjoy oatmeal in the morning with zero guilt.
This oatmeal recipe does take a little time to prepare. I usually plan ahead and meal prep by making multiples the night before. That way I have breakfast for several days, or people, ready to go first thing in the AM.
But, if you are looking to enjoy your oatmeal as a brunch dish, or just later in the day, you can throw it together first thing in the morning and it will be ready in about 4 hours.
If you prefer your oatmeal hot you can always heat it up on the stove or in the microwave right before you eat it. But all the other work is done and is ready to go when you are.
This recipe makes about 1 cup of oatmeal.
I know it doesn't seem like a lot but trust me, it fills you up.
But feel free to make a double batch if you are super hungry!
🥘Keto Oatmeal Ingredients
These are the ingredients needed to make the basic Keto Oatmeal recipe.
- golden flaxseed meal
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- heavy cream
- almond or coconut milk
- Besti Monk Fruit and Allulose Sweetener
- pink salt (optional)
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Keto Oatmeal Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Oatmeal. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
In a small mason jar add all of the dry ingredients.
Add the liquids to the jar.
Stir or shake well. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, to thicken.
Eat cold or heat in the microwave.
- Peanut butter & jelly – 1 tablespoon creamy no sugar added peanut butter, 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar-free jelly or jam.
- Maple pecan - 1 teaspoon keto maple syrup, 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, 1 teaspoon keto brown sugar
- Almond joy - 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes, 2 teaspoons chopped sugar-free dark chocolate, 2 teaspoons chopped almonds
- Pumpkin spice – 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1 teaspoon keto brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and cream - 2 large chopped strawberries
- Chocolate peanut butter - 1 tablespoon creamy no sugar added peanut butter, 1 tablespoon chopped sugar-free dark chocolate
- Double chocolate - 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- Cinnamon roll - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon keto brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mixed berry – Add your favorite low carb berries, like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Coconut vanilla – Real vanilla extract, coconut cream in place of the heavy cream, and shredded unsweetened coconut.
The only equipment needed to make this Keto Oatmeal is measuring cups and spoons and small mason jars like these.
This keto oatmeal will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can freeze this keto oatmeal, but be warned, the texture can change slightly depending on the add-ins. Freeze individual portions in a muffin tin or individual freezer-safe containers, then thaw overnight before serving.
FAQ about Keto Oatmeal
No, heating is not necessary. You can eat them cold, or warm them up, it is completely up to your preferences.
You can store it for up to 4 days.
The short answer is yes you can freeze this keto oatmeal. However, be aware that freezing can change its texture slightly. You can freeze it in the jar or place it in a muffin tin. If freezing multiples pop the frozen oatmeal into a zip-lock bag. Thaw the frozen keto oatmeal in the fridge overnight.
More Keto & Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Instant Pot Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Perfectly Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Peanut Butter Granola
- In a small mason jar add all of the ingredients and stir or shake to combine well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, to thicken.
- Eat cold or heat in the microwave.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.