Beef Kofta with Tzatziki and Cucumber Tomato Relish – Say goodbye to ho hum ground beef dinners with this delicious, and healthy, Turkish inspired meal.
|A big hoop and a holla to Beef Checkoff for sponsoring this post!|
Beef Kofta with Tzatziki and Cucumber Tomato Relish
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 2 cups plain whole fat Greek yogurt
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded, chopped, and separated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 lemons, juiced and separated
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 handful parsley leaves plus 3 tablespoons, chopped and separated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 whole wheat pita rounds
- Place 2 of the chopped cucumbers in a colander, reserving one cucumber for the relish. and sprinkle with salt. Allow the cucumbers to sit for at least 30 mins to allow the cucumbers to release their liquid. Roll them in a clean dish towel to squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add the drained cucumbers, garlic, dill, juice from 1 lemon, and some fresh cracked black pepper to the food processor. Process until smooth. Stir cucumber mixture into the yogurt. Taste and adjust your salt and pepper if needed. Place in an airtight container and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- For the relish, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining cucumber, tomato, remaining lemon juice, red onion, all but 3 tablespoons of the parsley leaves, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- For the kofta, in a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, allspice, cayenne pepper, mint, remaining 3 tablespoons of parsley leaves, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix until just combined. Shape into 8 small patties.
- In a large cast iron, or heavy bottomed skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the patties in the skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is browned, turn the patties over and continue to cook an additional 2 minutes until browned. Remove patties to a plate.
- Wrap the pita rounds in a damp paper towel, and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until they are soft and pliable.
- Serve kofta warm on the pita with the cucumber tomato relish and tzatziki sauce.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: #BeefCheckoff, #WeekdaySupper, beef, clean eating, healthy, Sandwich,
5-Oct Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen – Beef Kofta Sandwich with Tzatziki
6-Oct Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – Beef Apple and Squash Napoleons
7-Oct Palatable Pastime – Sauteed Sirloin Tips with Mushrooms
8-Oct Food Done Light – Beef Enchilada Stuffed Acorn Squash
9-Oct Whole Food | Real Families – Coriander Crusted Steak Salad
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!