This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Easy Cheese Enchiladas
- 8 soft corn tortillas (I used Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas) or for low carb use these homemade tortillas or store bought low carb tortillas* See Chef's Notes
- 4 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- 2 batches of Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce or 2 cans store bought
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 green onion, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the chopped onion, down the middle of a corn tortilla, and roll it up. Place into the baking dish seam side down. Continue with the remaining 7 corn tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, topped with chopped cilantro, and green onions.
- Using the soft corn tortillas is what makes this recipe super easy. There is no need to heat the tortillas in oil to make them pliable. If you can not find the soft corn tortillas you can substitute small flour tortillas.
Nutritional information via Calorie Count
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these.
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.