Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
On the back of a Cheez Whiz jar, you’ll discover a lengthy essay of ingredients: whey, milk, canola oil, maltodextrin, milk protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, contains less than 2% of modified food starch, salt, lactic acid, whey protein concentrate, mustard flour, Worcestershire sauce [vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, water, salt, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices (contains celery), tamarind, natural flavor], sodium alginate, sorbic acid as a preservative, color added, cheese culture, enzymes, natural flavor.
The first listed and thus most prominent ingredient in Cheez Whiz is whey, the liquid that is released from cheese curds during the cheesemaking process. Aside from this milk protein byproduct, Cheez Whiz is largely comprised of salt-packed flavorings and a mixture of chemicals that give it its long life and bright yellow color.
Ummm I’ll pass on that thank you very much!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE EASY KETO CHEESE SAUCE
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy cream
- Creamed cheese
- Mustard powder
- Cheddar cheese, sharp or regular
FAQ ABOUT EASY KETO CHEESE SAUCE
MORE DELICIOUS KETO SAUCE RECIPES
- Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Quick and Easy Teriyaki Sauce
- Perfect Keto Gravy
- Sugar Free Keto Yum Yum Sauce
- Keto Thai Peanut Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Easy Keto Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup creamed cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 5 to 6 ounces cheddar cheese, sharp or regular, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepot over medium heat. Add the heavy cream and continue to cook for a minute or so.
- Add the creamed cheese and whisk until it melts into the heavy cream.
- Stir in the mustard powder, then the grated cheddar cheese. Start with 5 ounces, add the additional ounce if you desire a thicker cheese sauce.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Did you make this recipe?