This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR PUMPKIN ALFREDO SAUCE
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Rubbed sage
- Pumpkin puree
- Parmesan cheese
IS PUMPKIN OK FOR A LOW CARB OR KETO DIET?
I love ALL things pumpkin so the first fall that rolled around after I went low carb I was like ? please tell me that I can have pumpkin!
- Acorn squash
- Butternut squash
Of the vegetables on this list, pumpkin has the least amount of net carbs.
½ cup of canned pumpkin has 6 grams of net carbs and 42 calories.
Pumpkin is lower-carb when compared to most other varieties of winter squashes.
However, pumpkin is combined with sugar in baked goods which, of course, gives most pumpkin recipes a higher carb count.
If you are looking for low carb or keto pumpkin dessert recipes, check out these:
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce (Low Carb)
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, rubbed sage, and pumpkin puree, and bring to a bubble.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese and season with the salt, pepper, and fresh ground nutmeg to taste.
- Serve over butternut squash or zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, steamed broccoli, or other low carb noodle replacement.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.