This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
WHAT IS RAITA?
Raiti is an Indian condiment made from yogurt, together with a variety of vegetables, and herbs, and typically served as a side dish to help cool the heat of spicy Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi foods.
It is similar to Greek tzatziki, a cucumber and yogurt dip or sauce.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE TRADITIONAL MINT RAITA
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh mint
- Serrano (or jalapeno) chile pepper
Traditional Mint Raita
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (I use Two Good low carb yogurt)
- 1 firmly packed cup of mint leaves
- 1/2 to 1 whole serrano chile or jalapeno (depending on the heat level you like), chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Low carb sweetener (optional), to taste
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Taste and add salt and sweetener if wanted.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air right container.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Did you make this recipe?