This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Ham and Pickle Roll Ups
- Sloppy Joe Dip
- Easy Taco Salad Cups
BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh basil packed, plus 1/2 cup chopped for garnish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced, plus 1 peeled clove
- Kosher salt
- 1 baguette
- 6 slices of bacon
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- Combine 2 cups basil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and cut into approx 2-inch pieces (should have 24 pieces). Reserve bacon fat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette into 24 1-inch slices and brush with the bacon fat on both sides.
- Bake the bread slices until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven and rub one side with the peeled clove of garlic. Set aside.
- Season tomato halves with salt and pepper.
- Spread each bread slice with some of the basil mayonnaise, top with a slice of bacon and then a grape tomato half.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.