BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh basil (packed), plus 1/2 cup chopped for garnish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced, plus 1 peeled clove
- Kosher salt
- 1 baguette
- 6 slices of bacon
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine 2 cups basil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Allow to cool and cut into approx 2-inch pieces (should have 24 pieces). Reserve bacon fat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette into 24 1-inch slices and brush with the bacon fat on both sides.
- Bake the bread slices until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven and rub one side with the peeled clove of garlic. Set aside.
- Season tomato halves with salt and pepper.
- Spread each bread slice with some of the basil mayonnaise, top with a slice of bacon and then a grape tomato half. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: bread, bacon, tomato, basil, garlic, appetizer
Now let’s get on with the party and see what the other members of the Sunday Supper crew have cooked up for you.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla