This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These delicious gluten-free Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make with a cream cheese filling. They are low carb because we ditched the bread crumbs, and rich and cheesy with a light seafood flavor.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Whenever I make these keto crab stuffed mushrooms they disappear in no time flat. It doesn't matter if people are on keto or not, these mushrooms are delicious and everyone loves them!
After I went low carb I had to come up with a recipe to replace our family's favorite stuffed mushrooms. The original recipe contained breadcrumbs and I knew that was a big no-no. Luckily the bread crumbs really aren't necessary and the results are a delicious low carb and gluten-free appetizer.
I have to admit that I have made a meal of just a few of these tasty mushrooms and a salad!
These Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are one of my favorite ways to feel fancy without actually having to work hard.
Seafood recipes always feel fancy, don't they? I think because we all think seafood is so hard to work with. But these stuffed mushrooms are proof that isn't true.
They are really a maximum reward dish with minimal work, and I am here for that ALL.DAY.LONG.
That is why these Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are one of the #1 appetizers I take to any and all get-togethers!
These are the ingredients necessary to make Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Olive oil
- Green onions
- Red bell pepper
- Crab meat
- Cream cheese
- Old Bay seasoning
- Pink salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Parmesan cheese
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop. Carefully scraped out the gills to make room for the stuffing.
Combine cooked ingredients with crab meat, creamed cheese, and Old Bay, salt, and pepper.
Fill each mushroom with as much as possible.
Top with the Parmesan cheese and bake.
Hint: if you cannot find crab you can substitute chopped shrimp.
How to Clean Mushrooms
There are two schools of thought when it comes to cleaning mushrooms.
One is that you either rinse the mushrooms under running water or dunk them completely in cold water to remove the dirt and grit. This is a quick and easy option that a lot of people use, however, I really feel that this technique changes the mushroom's texture and makes them a bit spongy, so I don't like cleaning them this way.
The method that I use is to dampen a paper towel and gently wipe off the dirt. It does take a few extra minutes, but the result is worth it to me.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Baking sheet
- Large skillet
- Chef's knife
- Large cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons set
- Large Mixing Bowl
Store any leftover Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing these stuffed mushrooms after they are cooked but you can freeze them once they are prepped and ready to go in the oven. Freeze the mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking tray. Once they are frozen you can transfer them to a freezer bag. You can cook the mushrooms from frozen.
FAQ about Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Yes, I know crab can be kind of pricey and doesn't go on sale very often, so I have made these Keto Stuffed Mushrooms with shrimp too. The flavor is not as strong but is very good as an alternative.
You could make the filling the day before and store it in an airtight container in your fridge. Just make sure to take it out and allow it to warm up on the counter or add some extra cooking time to get the filling to temperature.
They will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat any leftover mushrooms in the microwave by transferring them to a microwave-safe dish and covering them with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Alternatively, you can place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover them in foil to reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
More Keto & Low Carb Appetizer Recipes
Looking for more recipes like this? Try these:
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
- Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Easy Mozzarella Keto Cheese Sticks
Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper minced
- 8 ounces crab meat picked clean of shells
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped + more for garnish if desired
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop. Carefully scraped out the gills to make room for the stuffing. Spray a shallow baking dish with avocado or olive oil.
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet. When the butter melts, add reserved chopped mushroom stems, green onions, and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked ingredients with crab meat, creamed cheese, Old Bay, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom with as much as possible. Top each mushroom with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until mushroom caps are tender and cheese is crispy.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.