INGREDIENTS TO MAKE MIXED BERRY SUGAR-FREE FROZEN YOGURT
- Frozen (or fresh) mixed berries
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
Why are berries a good choice on a low carb diet?
But these sugars aren’t all bad — for most people, in appropriate amounts, they can all serve a healthy purpose without going overboard on carbs.
Raspberries are also an excellent choice and they’re also an excellent source of antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin C among many other nutrients. And they contain phytochemicals, which are compounds that may prevent certain chronic diseases.
MORE DELICIOUS LOW CARB FRO-YO AND ICE CREAM RECIPES
MORE LOW CARB DESSERT IDEAS
Mixed Berry Sugar-Free Frozen Yogurt
- 16-ounces frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the frozen berries, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla, to the bowl of a food processor. Process until no chunks remain, be patient it takes a while.
- Place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours, or until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Serve with fresh berries, mint, or real whipped cream.
Sat. Fat (grams)