This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
- I guess I should have clarified what a "real summer" was.
- By non-stop sunshine, I didn't mean zero rain for weeks on end. Although I do see where that could have been misunderstood. So my bad to my fellow Washingtonians, I should have been more clear on that request.
- 1 chicken carcass
- 3 carrots, chopped in large pieces
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped in large pieces
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- 5 or 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large bay leaf
- Place the first 7 ingredients in the slow cooker and fill to the rim with water.
- Set slow cooker on low for 12 to 18 hours.
- Remove the lid and allow to cool.
- Place 2 layers of cheesecloth in a mesh strainer over a large pot and pour the stock through the strainer. Discard veggies and herbs.
- Pour the stock into airtight container and store in the refrigerator for to 4 to 5 days, or freeze for 4 to 6 months.
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
If you like this recipe, you might enjoy these as well.