WHAT DO I SERVE COCONUT CURRY SHORT RIBS WITH?
MORE DELICIOUS LOW CARB RECIPE IDEAS
Coconut Curry Beef Short Ribs
- 4 pounds (2-inch thick) bone-in beef short ribs
- 4 tablespoons Tandoori Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons lemongrass paste or 3 stalks ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 red Fresno chiles or jalapeños, halved and seeds removed, rough chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste or 2 inches peeled ginger grated
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans whole fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Fresh lime, sliced
- Rub 4 tablespoons of the Tandoori spice blend on the short ribs, coating well on all sides. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- In a food processor or blender add garlic, lemongrass, chiles, shallot, and ginger and blend well. Add 1 tablespoon of the Tandoori seasoning blend and coconut milk. Process for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Allow short ribs to come to room temperature on the counter, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and brown short ribs on all sides. Cook in batches so you don’t crowd the pot.
- Place the browned short ribs in the Dutch oven, pour coconut curry sauce over them, and cover. Bake for 3 hours. After 1 hour check to see that the liquid level is at least halfway up on short ribs. Add water if needed. Spoon sauce over the short ribs.
- Cover and continue cooking.
- Remove the short ribs from the oven and allow to cool a bit.
- Remove the bones (if using bone-in ribs) and serve over cauliflower rice and topped with sauce and cilantro and lime slices.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Did you make this recipe?