This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
MORE KETO SOUP RECIPES
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
HOW TO MAKE KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
Add the bone broth, heavy cream, onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
FAQ ABOUT KETO CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
To use the frozen Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup, remove the container from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the fridge for several hours or overnight. Pour the mushroom soup into a saucepan and gently reheat, making sure to stir constantly. You may notice that the soup has separated or has a slightly different texture before reheating, but the slow reheating, and the stirring will reincorporate the texture to its original state.
Last thoughts about Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
MORE DELICIOUS KETO SOUP IDEAS
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped (plus some for garnish if wanted)
- 1 cup tawny port wine *See notes
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (or store-bought)
- 2 cups heavy cream (can sub canned coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon organic onion powder
- freshly grated nutmeg
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepot, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the mushrooms and thyme and cook until the mushrooms have released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the port wine and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone about 10 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, heavy cream, onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.