This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These Keto Dinner Rolls are so soft and tender and easy to make with just 5 ingredients! With just 3 net carbs, they are a low carb lifestyle's best friend.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
I had to get these keto dinner rolls on the blog because the holidays are sneaking up on us so quickly!
I honestly feel like it was New Year's Eve, I blinked, and BAM holidays!!
So now I am scrambling to get gifts for the grandkids, make treats for everyone, plan out my decorations (which means my hubby's Honey-Do list is growing), watch every holiday movie I can possibly watch, and the most important thing....plan out the holiday menus.
You know, the important holiday stuff, right?
Anywho, for the past few years, I have completely forgone rolls at the holidays. Why?
Heck if I know!
I mean, I knew all about fathead dough, and how it makes wonderful keto pizza crust, super tasty keto flatbread, etc but just never put 2 and 2 together to make keto dinner rolls with it.
This year will be different. Now that I know how awesome fathead dinner rolls are, and how ridiculously easy to make they are, I will be noshing to my heart's content on them!
Here are the ingredients needed to make Keto Dinner Rolls. You probably have all of them already!
- Shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Cream cheese
- Wholesome Yum superfine almond flour
- Gluten-free baking powder
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Dinner Rolls. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30-second bursts, or until the mozzarella cheese begins to melt. Stir together until fully combined.
Add in the almond flour and two of the eggs, and baking powder, and mix well, until a smooth dough remains.
Divide dough into 8-10 equal size balls (spray your hands with oil or wet them if the dough sticks to your hands too much) and place on the baking sheet.
Whisk the remaining egg and using a pastry brush, brush the exterior of each of the rolls with the egg wash.
The equipment needed to make these Keto Dinner Rolls is; a large baking sheet, a large microwave-safe glass bowl, a kitchen scale, a pastry cutter, and a pastry brush.
Store the keto dinner rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
These dinner rolls freeze well and will keep for up to 6 months.
Use a kitchen scale to make sure the balls are all the same size so they bake evenly.
FAQ about Keto Dinner Rolls
Yes, just warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in a warm oven. Room temp/cold rolls are very dense.
Yes, I have made it with cheddar and it works well. I would think any comparable cheese, like jack cheese, Swiss, gouda, etc would work. Just realize the flavor of the cheese you choose will change the taste of the roll. Mozzarella is a very bland cheese.
Leftover rolls can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week. You can also freeze them by placing the rolls in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw completely before reheating.
More Keto & Low Carb Bread Recipes
- The BEST Keto Bread
- Keto Hamburger Buns
- The BEST Keto Tortillas
- Keto Walnut Bread
- Cloud Bread
- Keto Everything Bagel Pull Apart Bread
Keto Dinner Rolls
- 8 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese (2 cups) shredded
- 1/4 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Wholesome Yum Superfine Almond Flour
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 second bursts, or until the mozzarella cheese begins to melt.
- Stir mozzarella and cream cheese together until fully incorporated
- Add in the almond flour, two of the eggs, and baking powder.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Divide dough into 8-10 equal size balls (spray your hands with oil or wet them if dough sticks to your hands too much) and place on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the remaining egg and using a pastry brush, brush the exterior of each of the rolls with the egg wash.
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes, or until golden on the outside.
- Rolls must be served warm as they are too dense at room temperature/cooled. *See Notes
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Leave a Reply