This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
This Keto Sausage Gravy recipe makes the most flavorful low carb country gravy from scratch! This mouthwatering gravy is perfect with my keto buttermilk biscuits and is ready in no time flat!
Are you still looking for more keto and low carb breakfast or brunch recipes? Give this Keto Oatmeal (10 Flavors) or these Keto Cinnamon Roll Pancakes a try!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
MORE KETO & LOW CARB BREAKFAST RECIPES
Keto Country Sausage | Keto Buttermilk Biscuits
Biscuits and Sausage gravy is a classic staple breakfast dish in the Midwest and South. It's one dish that I always looked forward to eating on a chilly fall or winter morning.
But we all know that sausage gravy isn't on the list of normally keto-approved foods even if it is some of the best comfort food out there!
So once I went low carb it was off my radar.
My sausage gravy and biscuit days were over.
But they didn't have to be and it makes me so mad that it took me 4 years before I even tried to make a keto version!
But, just because I drug my feet and took forever to come to this realization doesn't mean you have to wait to enjoy. If you are a sausage gravy lover like me run to your kitchen and make this recipe ASAP!
I highly recommend serving this gravy with my Keto Buttermilk Biscuits, they are so easy to make!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE KETO SAUSAGE GRAVY
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- keto country breakfast sausage
- xanthan gum
- ground sage
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- unsweetened almond milk (can use coconut milk)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (can use canned coconut milk if dairy-free)
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
HOW TO MAKE KETO SAUSAGE GRAVY
Please see the recipe card below for the complete recipe, including measurements and cooking time!
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the sausage, breaking it into small chunks with a meat chopper or wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage is browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove the cooked sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate or bowl.
Return the skillet to the stove and turn the heat down to medium-low.
Sprinkle in the xanthan gum, sage, and red pepper flakes.
Whisk in the almond milk. Increase heat to medium and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Whisk in the heavy cream.
FAQS ABOUT KETO SAUSAGE GRAVY
Can I make this keto sausage gravy ahead of time?
Yes, you can! Make the gravy as directed in the recipe card below. Allow the gravy to cool completely, then, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When reheating, reheat slowly and use a little milk to thin the gravy as it will have thickened when it cooled. You can reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
How should I store the leftover keto sausage gravy?
This sausage gravy will store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3-4 days.
Can I freeze the leftover keto sausage gravy?
Yes, you can also freeze the gravy in an airtight container, or freezer bag for no longer than 3 months.
Last thoughts about keto sausage gravy
- Seasonings - Make sure your sausage is well seasoned with salt, pepper, a little sage, and maybe some red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. Taste as you make it and adjust your seasonings as needed.
- Don't drain the drippings - The fat is where all the flavor is and you need it to make good sausage gravy.
- Keep the flavors simple - This dish is packed full of flavor and isn't meant to be complicated. It's plain ol' comfort food and just plain delicious.
MORE KETO AND LOW CARB RECIPE IDEAS
- Mini Keto Pancake Bites
- Keto Corned Beef Hash
- Cheesy Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Bacon Egg Muffins
- Keto Sausage, Cheese, and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Mixed Berry Crumble
Keto Sausage Gravy
- 1 pound keto country breakfast sausage
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use coconut milk)
- 2 cups heavy cream (can use canned coconut milk if dairy-free)
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, breaking it into small chunks with a meat chopper or wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage is browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate or bowl.
- Return the skillet to the stove and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Sprinkle in the xanthan gum, sage, and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in the almond milk. Increase heat to medium and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Leave a Reply