This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
So I formulated a plan of attack, grabbed some asparagus because it was the thin yummy spears I love, and off to the house we went.
Mainly because every time I even say the word "pesto" he immediately says, "I don't like pesto".
Even though he has told me, on more than one occasion, that it is the store-bought pesto he doesn't like and that, in fact, he likes my homemade version.
But he lovvvvvves to give me a hard time.
I also wanted to use as few ingredients as possible, something else many of you have asked for. So this meal only uses 6, 7 if you choose to garnish, minus the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Sometimes I really think the simpler the recipe, the better it tastes.
I have yet to master that. It has a ton of ingredients but it tastes so goooooood!
MORE GREAT SHEET PAN MEAL IDEAS
Sheet Pan Pesto Salmon with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (recommend Greek Gods)
- 2 tablespoons pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 basil leaves, cut in chiffonade (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus, and cut the tomatoes in half. Scatter them onto the baking sheet, along with the garlic, and drizzle with the olive oil, then salt, and pepper. Toss with your hands, or tongs, to combine. Spread into a payer.
- Nestle the salmon fillets in with the asparagus and tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pesto and Greek yogurt together, divide among the salmon fillets, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the desired doneness, checking the cooking time at the 10-12 minute mark.
Did you make this recipe?
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let's stay connected!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.