This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Indulge in the rich and cheesy goodness of our 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto). This fall-inspired dish is a perfect blend of three cheeses, pumpkin, and low-carb ingredients. Elevate your meal with a creamy and flavorful twist, perfect for a side dish or a satisfying meatless Monday. Embrace the warmth of autumn while staying true to your keto lifestyle. Discover the ultimate comfort in every bite with this gluten-free delight.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto) - A delightful autumnal indulgence!🧀🎃
Cheese lovers, rejoice! Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with our 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto) – a creamy, dreamy dish that combines the rich flavors of three cheeses with the seasonal magic of pumpkin.
In my world, there's nothing quite like the allure of hot, cheesy mac and cheese. And why stop there? This year, I've embraced my love for pumpkin and incorporated it into this classic dish. Every bite is a celebration of that unmistakable pumpkiny goodness that adds a delightful twist to a familiar favorite.
Family dinners are sacred in our home, even as our kids have flown the nest. Once a week, we come together to share stories, advice, and plenty of laughter. And what better way to bring everyone to the table than with a dish that marries the warmth of cheese with the comforting notes of pumpkin?
I must confess, when I presented this pumpkin-infused mac and cheese to my family, there were skeptics among us. Even Kevin, who had recently devoured my Stuffed Pumpkin creation, seemed unsure about this cheesy pumpkin rendezvous. But fear not – doubts turned into delighted seconds, and this dish has become a beloved part of our weekly dinners.
As part of my journey into the world of low-carb living, I've revamped this old favorite with a secret weapon – low-carb pasta that mirrors the taste and texture of the classic version. The result? A keto-friendly masterpiece that has not only won over my family but has also earned a coveted spot on our holiday table. 🍽️✨
Are you ready to elevate your mac and cheese game to new heights? Dive into the irresistible fusion of cheeses and pumpkin, and let this dish become a star at your family gatherings and festive feasts! 🌟💛
Make sure to snap a pic of your tasty mac and cheese and share it with me on social media using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKitchen 📸
🥘3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto) Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto).
- Fiber Gourmet Low Carb Pasta - this pasta matches the taste and texture of regular pasta and has become my absolute favorite!
- Pumpkin Puree - I always use my homemade pumpkin puree because it contains fewer carbs than the store-bought kind.
- Cheeses - I use sharp white cheddar, creamy fontina, and salty parmesan for my trio.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Helpful Hint: 💡: To ensure your low-carb pasta is cooked just right, always follow the package instructions and set a timer. Overcooking can lead to mushy pasta, so keep a close eye on the boiling time!
- Low Carb Pasta - if you have a different brand of pasta you prefer you can use that or, to lower the carb count, you could use steamed cauliflower florets.
- Sage - pumpkin and sage go together perfectly but if you prefer another herb feel free to use that.
- Cheeses - the combination of sharp cheddar and creamy fontina with the sharp Parmesan is wonderful but you could use a combo of any cheeses you prefer.
- Bacon Lover's Delight: For a smoky twist, add crispy bacon bits to the cheese sauce or sprinkle them over the breadcrumb topping. The savory bacon complements the creamy pumpkin and cheesy goodness.
- Spinach and Artichoke Fusion: Introduce a Mediterranean flair by folding in cooked spinach and artichoke hearts into the mac and cheese mixture. It adds vibrant color and a delightful veggie-packed dimension.
- Spicy Pumpkin Kick: Spice things up with a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. The subtle heat enhances the pumpkin's sweetness, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
This is the equipment you will need to make 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto).
- Refrigeration: Store any leftover 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure it's cooled to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Freezing: To freeze, portion the mac and cheese into individual servings or as a whole casserole. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and then foil to prevent freezer burn. Label with the date for easy tracking. It can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
- Reheating: When ready to enjoy again, thaw the frozen mac and cheese in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the microwave for individual servings or in the oven at a low temperature to maintain creaminess. You might want to add a splash of cream or milk during reheating to restore moisture.
Remember, while the texture may vary slightly after freezing, the incredible flavors will still shine through! 🧀❄️
Elevate the dish by infusing a burst of sage flavor. Add fresh sage leaves to the melted butter and let them sizzle for about a minute before incorporating the cream cheese. This simple step enhances the overall taste, giving your 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese a delightful herbal touch!
FAQ about 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto)
Absolutely! If you're not following a low-carb lifestyle, feel free to use your favorite pasta. The key is to cook it according to the package instructions before incorporating it into the cheesy pumpkin goodness.
Yes, you can! Prepare the dish up to the point of baking, cover it tightly, and refrigerate. When ready to serve, allow it to come to room temperature and bake as directed. It's a fantastic make-ahead option.
Of course! While sage adds a delightful earthy note, you can skip it if it's not to your taste. The dish will still be rich in cheesy pumpkin goodness.
Yes, you can substitute canned pumpkin for pumpkin puree. Just make sure it's pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- BLT Mac and Cheese
- Mushroom Swiss Cheeseburger Pasta
- Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Jambalaya Pasta with Crawfish and Sausage
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
These are my favorite dishes to serve with 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto):
- Grilled Chicken
- Maple Mustard Roasted Turkey Breast
- Glazed Keto Pork Chops
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Leafy Green Salad
- Keto Garlic Breadsticks
3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Keto)
- 8 ounces low carb pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh sage leaves chopped (separated)
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pink salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup fontina cheese grated
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup keto bread crumbs *See Notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted add the garlic and 1 tablespoon sage leaves. Cook for a minute.
- Then add the cream cheese and whisk until melted.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar and fontina cheese, one cup at a time, stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Once cheese sauce is smooth stir in the pumpkin. Combine with the cooked pasta. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.
- Combine keto bread crumbs, Parmesan, and the remaining teaspoon of sage. Sprinkle over the top of the mac and cheese. Place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.