This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
This Big Mac Salad in a Jar (Keto Meal Prep) recipe is the perfect way to meal prep for your keto and low-carb lunches and light dinners. You get all the flavor of your favorite fast-food cheeseburger without the carbs!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Hey there, foodies! I've been getting loads of requests for meal prep ideas, and it hit me—I've been keeping some amazing recipes to myself. Well, not anymore! Today, I'm sharing one of my all-time favorite meal prep salads that'll knock your socks off: the legendary Big Mac Salad in a Jar (Keto Meal Prep)!
Seriously, folks, this salad is a game-changer. Imagine all the mouthwatering flavors of a Big Mac, meticulously crafted into a healthy salad that won't throw off your macros. It's a win-win!
And let me tell you, this salad is a taste sensation. I'm not kidding! Even my partner, Mr. "I Don't Like Salads", had to admit he's hooked on this creation.
Yes, a self-proclaimed salad-hater can't resist this deliciousness!
I've had the pleasure of introducing this masterpiece to countless non-keto peeps, and guess what? They all had the same mind-blowing reaction.
It's a winner winner chicken errr cheeseburger dinner, my friends!
But wait, there's more! Not only is this salad ridiculously tasty, but it's super easy to make, and incredibly convenient. Brace yourself for these two perks:
A) You probably have all the ingredients on hand already (score!), and
B) it comes together in a jiffy, providing you with ready-to-go lunches for a whopping five days!
Oh, and if you're not flying solo on this lunch adventure, be warned! These salads tend to mysteriously vanish around other people. In my house, it's like they have a secret teleportation device or something. So, if you've got hungry folks around, consider making a double batch. Trust me, it's better to be safe than sorry!
Ready to dive into Big Mac Salad in a Jar (Keto Meal Prep) heaven? Get ready to level up your meal prep game, my friends!
🥘Big Mac Salad in a Jar Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Big Mac Salad in a Jar.
- Mayo - I use this keto carb free mayo
- Sugar-Free Ketchup - I use this keto no sugar added ketchup
- Romaine Lettuce - I use Romaine lettuce because it is sturdy and does not get soggy in the fridge. It also has more nutritional value than iceberg lettuce.
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Big Mac Salad in a Jar Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Big Mac Salad in a Jar. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until nicely browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Chop the vegetables for the Big Mac Salad in a Jar.
Layer the ingredients into the mason jars.
- Lettuce - instead of Romaine lettuce, you can use iceberg lettuce or spinach, or even sliced brussels sprouts.
- Ground Beef - I use grass-fed ground beef but you could use a plant-based meat to make this recipe vegetarian
- Cheese - I use cheddar cheese but you can use whatever cheese you prefer.
Giving the visitor ideas on how they can change this recipe to better suit their dinner guests, or their cultural cuisine, is a great way to increase the chances they make the recipe
- Spicy - add chopped pickled jalapenos instead of pickles and use the juice from the pickled jalapenos instead of white vinegar in the dressing.
- Bacon Cheeseburger - add a layer of cooked crumbled bacon.
- Vegan - use plant based meat and vegan mayo and cheese.
This is the equipment you will need to make Big Mac Salad in a Jar.
- Measuring cups and spoons set
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- Ground beef chopper
- Quart mason jars
Store the Big Mac Salad in a Jar in the fridge, for up to 5 days.
To ensure maximum freshness and prevent sogginess, layer your Big Mac Salad in the mason jars starting with the dressing at the bottom, followed by the hearty ingredients, and ending with the lettuce on top. This way, when it's time to enjoy your salad, simply give the jar a quick shake or empty it into a bowl, and you'll have a perfectly dressed and crisp salad ready to devour!
FAQ about Big Mac Salad in a Jar
No, the "traditional" Big Mac is far from keto-friendly. From the sauce to the bun, there are a ton of carbs in there. This Big Mac Salad in a Jar however IS perfect for your low carb lifestyle coming in at just under 4 net carbs per jar!
Of course! While the Big Mac sauce brings that classic flavor, you can use any dressing of your choice. Thousand Island dressing or a tangy mayo-based dressing can work well as alternatives.
How long can the Big Mac Salad in a Jar be stored in the refrigerator? When properly stored in airtight jars, these salads can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days. However, it's important to note that the lettuce may become slightly wilted over time. If freshness is a top priority, consider adding the lettuce separately or adding it fresh before serving.
More Keto & Low Carb Salad Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Taco Salad in a Jar
- Italian Grinder Salad
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Greek Mason Jar Salad with Chicken
- Keto Zero Carb Tuna Salad
- Low Carb Cobb Salad in a Jar
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Big Mac Salad in a Jar:
- Keto French Fries
- Keto Onion Rings
- Zucchini Fries
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Baked Brussels Sprout Chips
- Keto Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Big Mac Salad in a Jar (Keto Meal Prep)
- 1 Whisk
For the Big Mac Sauce
For the salad
- 1 tablespoon Avocado or olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic garlic powder
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce chopped (about 4 cups)
- 4 wide mouth quart sized mason jars with lids
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until nicely browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Set meat aside and allow it to cool.
- Divide the sauce equally among the 4 mason jars.
- Equally, add the cooked ground beef, then top with chopped onion, tomatoes, pickles, cheese, and lettuce.
- Place the lids on the jars and refrigerate.
- To eat, dump the salad out into a bowl, stir to combine.
- Store for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.