OK Y’all, how do you feel about a juicy perfectly cooked beef tenderloin roast for the holidays?
If you are anything like me, and mine, your hands are waving in the air and you are jumping up and down in your seat.
Pair it with some Lemon Garlic Mashed Cauliflower “Potatoes”, Green Bean Casserole, Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots, and maybe even Cauliflower “Mac and Cheese” and you have got one delicious table of food!
We love our beef here!
I mean like realllllllly love beef.
9 times out of 10, if I send the Mr. to the store to pick up something for dinner, he comes home with beef. And trust me, I am just fine with that!
But, tackling a beef roast for the holidays, or any day, wasn’t always something I was down to do.
Honestly? It scared the bejeezus out of me!
Did you know that nearly 25% of people have NEVER cooked a beef roast?
Well, I am here to tell you that there is no need for FOMO when it comes to cooking that beef roast anymore!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BEEF ROAST
- Download the FREE Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect app here.
- Take a minute to browse through the app. It helps with everything from selecting, buying, preparing, how to carve, and what to serve with your beef roast.
- Click on the store locator to find out where you can purchase your Certified Angus Beef® Brand beef roast.
- Now go to Select a Roast. This will give you information on several types of cuts.
- Next, choose how many people you will be serving.
- If you still haven’t settled on a recipe, click Find a Recipe and you will be directed to tried and true recipes from the Certified Angus Beef® Brand website.
- When you are ready to cook, click on Roast Timer and enter all of the info for your roast including the desired doneness.
- Click start and get ready for roast perfection!
HOW TO MAKE A GREEK STYLE BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE GREEK STYLE BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
QUESTIONS ABOUT MAKING THIS GREEK STYLE BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
Does the marinade make the roast more tender? A tenderloin, also known as chateaubriand, is the cut of beef that filet mignon comes from. It is seriously the king (or queen) of beef roasts and is the most tender. Tenderloin is very low in fat so the marinade adds flavor. If you prefer to skip the marinade step your roast will still be tender and juicy, just make sure to season the exterior of the roast well with salt and pepper and allow it to come up to room temperature before roasting.
What is the best doneness level for a tenderloin roast? Since the tenderloin comes from the beef loin, just under the ribs, it is a very lean cut of beef. Experts recommend cooking a tenderloin to a rare or medium-rare, but no more than medium to ensure maximum juiciness.
How much meat should I plan on per person? The Roast Perfect app (or your butcher) can calculate what size roast you need, but the rule of thumb is 8 ounces of meat per person.
How can I reheat leftover beef tenderloin? If your family is anything like mine, there won’t be any leftovers but if you are lucky enough to have some for the next day, I suggest reheating at low temp (225 to 250 degrees F) in your oven. Place the roast on a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 110 degrees (I suggest using this thermometer that will beep when the meat comes to temp).
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GREEK STYLE BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
MORE DELICIOUS ROAST RECIPES
Greek Style Beef Tenderloin Roast
- 1 4-pound Certified Angus Beef® brand beef tenderloin roast
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a gallon zip-top bag and add the roast. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Remove the roast from the marinade, pat it dry, and place it on a rack in a roasting pan. Discard the marinade. Liberally season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Cover the roast with a clean towel and allow it to warm on the counter for an hour.
- Download the Certified Angus Beef® brand app.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and allow the roast to sear for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue to roast for 34 minutes (for a rare roast, check the times in the app for your preferred doneness) or until the roast reaches an internal temp of 125 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the Tzatziki sauce.
Did you make this recipe?