This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
MORE KETO & LOW CARB GROUND BEEF RECIPES
Another bonus with this keto homestyle meatloaf recipe is that it is great for meal prep. I have been trying to be really good about making menus and sticking to them.
That is not only good for sticking to a low carb lifestyle by avoiding last-minute bad decisions (that I am the Queen of), but it is helpful for shopping so we don't buy more than we need.
So I make a menu, write out my list, hubs does the shopping on his way home from work, and then I pick a day to get the meals prepped for the upcoming week.
This meatloaf recipe is perfect for that.
When I am making it for meal prep I just pop it into a loaf pan, wrap it with foil, and place it into the freezer for later that week. Then I take it out of the freezer the day before and put it in the fridge to defrost, turn it out onto a sheet pan (Tip - line your sheet pan with foil, I obviously forgot to do that here), and pop it into the oven.
Another tip, check the internal temperature after cooking to make sure it is at least 135 degrees F. After carryover cooking it will be a nice medium.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE KETO HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF
- Ground beef
- Heavy cream
- Ground pork rinds
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Redmond's real sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
I love using ground beef. Not only for ease of meal prep, but because it is budget-friendly, and perfect for keto recipes.
Keto is all about low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Ground beef fits into that perfectly. I am always on the lookout for ground beef on sale, and if I can find grass-fed ground beef on sale? Woohoooo!
WHAT MEAT IS GOOD FOR KETO & MEAL PREP?
- Chuck roast
- Flank steak
- Pork shoulder
- Pork chops
- Chicken thighs
- Italian Sausage
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS KETO HOMESTYLE MEATLOAF
- Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
- Herbed Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Parmesan
- Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Green Bean Casserole
- Italian Baked Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Mixed Berry Salad
MORE KETO/LOW CARB BEEF RECIPES
- Easy Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
- Low-Carb Italian Beef Bake
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
- Low Carb Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker Keto Meatball Casserole
Keto Homestyle Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup ground pork rinds
- 1 tablespoon organic onion powder
- 2 teaspoons organic garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Besti Monk Fruit and Allulose Brown Sweetener packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Then add the pork rinds, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine then add the ground beef. Using your hands, combine the meat with the egg mixture. Shape into an 8-inch loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar Swerve, and dry mustard.
- Top the meatloaf with 1/2 of the ketchup mixture
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Top with the remaining ketchup mixture and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.