This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
MORE KETO & LOW CARB RECIPES
Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Stuffed Peppers | Keto Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
I love that I get to control what goes into them so there is no "hidden ingredients" like you can sometimes find in store-bought blends.
Plus I control how much salt is going into our food. With a sweetie that has high blood pressure, that is HUGE!
Honestly though, it is crazy how much sugar and salt some brands put into them!!
I also can tailor the amount of spice. We like it hot, I make it hot.
Don't worry, all of my blends are made with the "normal" person in mind and then amped up to fire breathing status when I make it for home consumption!
This Italian seasoning blend is one of the #1 blends in our household. I use it in things like this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, Low Carb Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese", Low-Carb Italian Beef Bake. and Italian Baked Zucchini and Tomatoes.
We also really love my Tandoori seasoning blend and use that in recipes like this Tandoori Steak and Coconut Curry Beef Short Ribs.
I will be bringing you more homemade spice blends soon, I am just having fun playing around with flavors!!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE HOMEMADE ITALIAN SEASONING
- Red chili flakes
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
HOW TO MAKE
This Italian seasoning is one of those blends that goes with just about anything. When you’re making a recipe and it just needs that little touch of "something". Grab this Italian seasoning.
Last thoughts about Homemade Italian Seasoning
- Any chicken, fish, pork, or beef recipe that needs a little something.
- Popcorn, vegetables, and potatoes by sprinkling it over the top, or mixing it with melted butter and topping them.
- Combine the seasoning with oil and vinegar for your own homemade Italian dressing. YUM!
- Italian seasoning makes incredible marinades.
- Italian seasoning is obviously for your Italian favorites like lasagna, spaghetti sauce, etc.
- Spiced Coffee BBQ Rub
- Low Carb BBQ Dry Rub
- Tandoori Seasoning Blend
- Low-sodium Za’atar Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Stone House Seasoning Mix
The Best Homemade Italian Seasoning
- 1 Whisk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons organic garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon organic onion powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Transfer to a spice jar or an airtight container.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Leave a Reply