MORE KETO & LOW CARB RECIPES
Over the past few years, I have fallen in love with making my own spice blends.
I love that I get to control what goes into them so there is no "hidden ingredients" like you can sometimes find in store-bought blends.
Plus I control how much salt is going into our food. With a sweetie that has high blood pressure, that is HUGE!
Honestly though, it is crazy how much sugar and salt some brands put into them!!
I also can tailor the amount of spice. We like it hot, I make it hot.
Don't worry, all of my blends are made with the "normal" person in mind and then amped up to fire breathing status when I make it for home consumption!
This Italian seasoning blend is one of the #1 blends in our household. I use it in things like this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, Low Carb Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese", Low-Carb Italian Beef Bake. and Italian Baked Zucchini and Tomatoes.
I will be bringing you more homemade spice blends soon, I am just having fun playing around with flavors!!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE HOMEMADE ITALIAN SEASONING
- Red chili flakes
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
HOW TO MAKE
This Italian seasoning is one of those blends that goes with just about anything. When you’re making a recipe and it just needs that little touch of "something". Grab this Italian seasoning.
Last thoughts about Homemade Italian Seasoning
- Any chicken, fish, pork, or beef recipe that needs a little something.
- Popcorn, vegetables, and potatoes by sprinkling it over the top, or mixing it with melted butter and topping them.
- Combine the seasoning with oil and vinegar for your own homemade Italian dressing. YUM!
- Italian seasoning makes incredible marinades.
- Italian seasoning is obviously for your Italian favorites like lasagna, spaghetti sauce, etc.
- Low Carb Barbecue Dry Rub
- Spiced Coffee BBQ Rub
- Tandoori Seasoning Blend
- Low-sodium Za’atar Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Stone House Seasoning Mix