As soon as I heard the weather was going to take a turn for the crappy, I knew soup would be what would make things seem a little better, and I don’t know about you, but when it is wet and cold outside a little spice seems to make everything much better.
Last year our go to soup with a bit of a kick was my Creamy Chipotle Pumpkin Soup.
I thought about making a batch of my, because this girl digs red curry about as much as she does chipotle, But I wanted something different.
I also wanted something that could be whipped up real quick. I mean like I just put the baby down for a nap and I want soup NOW quick.
Plus I know y’all don’t want to wait forever either. So this soup is done, and ready to eat in less than thirty minutes, with very little work.
This soup is just what the Dr (or food blogger) ordered for a cold, blustery day. Warm, creamy, rich, with a bit of spice, this soup just wraps you up and cuddles you from the inside out.
I ate 3 bowls in a row.
I was a little piggy!
Miss Picky Pants loved it, and my daughter in law Heather loved it.
Well he said it was good, but just not his cup of tea.
That just means more for me
Quick Curried Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen squash puree (recommend Cascadian Farm Organic), thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (recommend Thai Kitchen), more or less to taste* (see Chef’s notes)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Sliced jalapeno, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil, in a large soup pot or dutch oven, over medium high heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add the remainder of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Use an immersion blender if you want the soup completely smooth.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of coconut milk, sliced jalapeno, and chopped cilantro leaves.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 22 mins.
Total time: 27 mins.
Tags: butternut squash, curry, soup, vegetarian, vegan, quick and easy
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.