Slow Cooker Pumpkin BBQ Ribs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup pumpkin beer* See Cook’s Notes
- Add the ingredients for the BBQ sauce to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Allow sauce to cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator if not using immediately.
- Meanwhile, remove the ribs from the refrigerator and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cut the racks of ribs in half and rub each side with 1/4 cup of the BBQ rub. Allow the ribs to set at room temperature while the BBQ sauce cooks.
- Place the ribs into the slow cooker and cover with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, reserving the remainder for the finished ribs.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker. Brush with remaining sauce.
- If you can not find pumpkin beer you can use a brown ale.
I helped create a cookbook!
Do You Shop Amazon?
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.