Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rollups – combine two of your favorite dishes in one delicious package.
With it being National Dairy Month, I was racking my brains trying to come up with a recipe for y’all that celebrated my love for dairy, tasted great, and was easy to prepare.
I had been wanting to make lasagna for a while now. I have just been craving it like crazy. So how do I indulge in my craving AND showcase all of the dairy products that I love so much?
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rollups!
I have made regular lasagna roll ups in the past but this time I was really excited incorporating as much dairy as possible and making a lighter version of traditional Alfredo sauce. I immediately knew this would be the perfect marriage.
Most Alfredo sauces call for heavy cream or even cream cheese. Now, don’t get me wrong, I have tried those sauces and they are amazeballs.
But let’s face it. It is summertime, and my bathing suit has been calling to me from my dresser drawer. So let’s reduce the calories just a tad while still enjoying the flavors we love.
Dairy is a fabulous source of things like calcium, potassium, vitamin D, and protein and is so versatile. I can literally walk down the dairy aisle and get inspired for so many different recipes.
At any given time I have milk, half and half, yogurt, and at least 3 different kinds of cheese in my fridge.
But, since I discovered Galbani® Ricotta Cheese, my fridge hasn’t been without it.
Galbani® has been Italy’s favorite cheese brand for over 130 years and once you taste it you will know why. It is rich and creamy, and oh so good.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that is it very kid friendly. What kid doesn’t like a creamy cheesy chicken dish? I know the G-baby flipped for it and she is only 2. That warmed this food bloggers heart.
And this recipe couldn’t be any easier. The sauce comes together in just a few minutes while the noodles boil. Then you mix up the filling, spoon it onto the noodles, pop it into the oven, and BOOM dinner is done!
My family is always supportive of what I do. They give me their opinions, good or bad because they know how important it is to me to make sure the things I create are the kind of recipes that everyone will love. I am lucky that, for the most part, they love what I do.
This was one of those meals though that if you left your hand near the food too long you might have pulled it back minus a finger or two! So words were not necessary. But once they stopped eating and took a moment to breathe, the reaction was that this was one of the best recipes yet.
So what are you waiting for? Grab those keys and head to the store to pick up the ingredients to get this on the table tonight.
Your family will thank you.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rollups
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups 2% milk, warmed (plus more if needed to thin the sauce)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pound shredded chicken breast (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped + more for garnish
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked slightly al dente
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of salted water boil the lasagna noodles to al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute one minute. Sprinkle in the flour, and whisk for a minute to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking to combine until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened, then whisk in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste. Remove from the heat.
- In small greased casserole pan, spoon enough of the Alfredo sauce to cover the bottom.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, parsley, eggs, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Lay out the lasagna noodles and spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture down the length of the noodle. Carefully roll the noodle and place seam side down in the casserole dish. Continue with the remaining noodles.
- Thin the sauce with additional milk if needed then top the rollups with remaining sauce. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Planning on making one of my recipes? Nothing would make me happier! Take a photo and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I would love to see what you made.
Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.