Shredded chicken is a great way to meal prep your keto or low carb meals for the week and it doesn’t get any easier than cooking it in the Instant Pot!
Looking for more easy low carb and keto recipe ideas? Give this Easy Keto Pork Carnitas (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker) or Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef Recipe a try!
MORE EASY KETO & LOW CARB RECIPES
Can you believe that summer has come to an end already? In a way it feels like this year has been dragging on forever but also, it feels like it is flying by. Is that possible? Or is it just the weird world of my brain?
I feel like I plan things out but then BAM the time is here and I am soooo not ready for it!
Anywho, off of the wackiness that is my brain and on to the food right?
Meal planning and prepping is something I love to do, but also struggle to do. And now, with my health issues, it becomes even more important to do, yet my body and my brain just don’t seem to want to cooperate and get with the program.
It is maddening, but I have enlisted the Mr. to help so things are going a little bit better.
I know many of you have kiddos either back in school or going soon, and meal planning and prep can really help smooth out the chaos of that whole situation too!
When it comes to the prepping part of the whole dealio I like to prep at least 1 to 2 weeks of meals when it is possible, and this shredded chicken is always on the list.
The thing about this shredded chicken is, aside from it being ridiculously easy to make, you can customize it to whatever your family is craving. You can, of course, make simple shredded chicken with some salt and pepper, and maybe some poultry seasoning. Or, you can add Taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, Curry/Tandoori seasoning, the options are endless really.
Then you place it into airtight freezer-safe containers and you have the makings for a quick and easy meal down the road. Now, when it is time for tacos, or enchiladas, or a casserole, etc. you just pull some out of the freezer, place it into the refrigerator overnight, and you are ready to rock and roll!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN
- Chicken bone broth (homemade or store-bought)
- Pink sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Italian (or other flavors) seasoning
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or a mix of both
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN
FAQS ABOUT INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN
Last thoughts about Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Keto Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Loaded Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Dip AKA Chicken Crack
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Keto Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Place the bone broth, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning into the Instant Pot inner pot. Stir.
- Add the chicken breasts and lock the lid into place making sure the vent is set to seal.
- Select Manual (or Pressure Cook), high pressure for 15 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken with tongs to a cutting board.
- Shred the chicken with meat claws or two forks.
- Discard half of the liquid in the Instant Pot, then return the chicken to the pot with the remaining liquid and serve as desired.
- To freeze, let cool to room temperature before placing in freezer bags.
Sat. Fat (grams)
Did you make this recipe?