This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
These Keto Corn Dog Muffins are the ultimate kid-friendly dinner recipe! Homemade low carb and gluten-free cornbread batter studded with sliced hot dogs. Top with keto chili and cheese or ketchup and mustard.
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
These Keto Corn Dog Muffins are my answer to a corn dog obsession in my house.
My husband loves corn dogs. I mean he realllllly loves corn dogs.
I don't think we have gone without a box of the honey crunch corn dogs in our freezer for 3 years, until now. But it took me breaking my diet one night to really spur me on to come up with this recipe.
Yes, I was a bad girl. We got dinner from a place that used to be one of our favorite date spots before Covid turned our lives upside down. They specialize in smoked meat and slow-cooked prime rib.
OMG, everything there is amazeballs!
But, we had spent the entire day at the hospital while I saw a ton of doctors and had a bunch of tests done and neither of us had eaten all day. By the time we were done, we were both starving so we stopped at this place to grab a bite since we hadn't been there in years.
But, they gave us a skillet of their homemade cornbread with honey maple butter while we waited for our order and I was so hungry I took a few bites.
When I tell you I almost fell out of my cair it was so good I am not lying!
I forgot how much I missed cornbread!
So the next day I got hot onto coming up with a keto cornbread recipe, which I will have on the blog soon I promise! But, hubby asked what I was working on, and when I told him keto cornbread his eyes lit up and he asked if I was going to try to make corn dogs.
I honestly hadn't even thought about it, but I told him, of course, I am honey!
Long story short, the cornbread was amazing, these corn dog muffins are amazing, and you need to make them ASAP!
These are the ingredients necessary to make Keto Corn Dog Muffins.
- Wholesome Yum Superfine Almond Flour
- gluten-free baking powder
- Besti Monk Fruit and Allulose Sweetener
- pink salt
- heavy cream
- sour cream
- unsalted butter
- Cornbread Flavored Extract
- all beef hot dogs
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Corn Dog Muffins. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and gently stir together until fully combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan (a little over 1/4 cup per muffin).
Press 4 to 5 slices of hot dog into each muffin.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown on the top.
Hint: The muffins are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Corn Dog Muffins:
- regular muffin pan
- muffin liners
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium mixing bowl
Store any leftover keto corn dog muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-6 days.
For best quality, keto corn dog muffins can be frozen for one to two months.
Top your keto corn dog muffins with ketchup and mustard or keto hot dog (no bean) chili and cheese.
FAQ about Keto Corn Dog Muffins
Absolutely! I used all beef hot dogs because that is what we enjoy, but you can use whatever hot dog your family likes. You could also use cubes of ham.
I will say that I am shocked at how close I was able to come in taste to the real thing. That being said, if you taste a "real" corn dog side by side with one of these keto corn dog muffins I am sure you will be able to tell the difference.
Yes, you totally can! Allow them completely cool, then place them on a parchment lines baking sheet and freeze them. Once they are frozen place them into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. For best quality, corn dogs can be frozen for one to two months.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Coney Island (No Bean) Hot Dog Chili
- Reuben Dogs
- BLT Hot Dogs
- Keto Hot Dog Casserole
- Keto Crescent Dogs
- Keto Chicago Dogs
Keto Corn Dog Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 cup Wholesome Yum Superfine Almond Flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup Besti Monk fruit and Allulose Sweetener
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 10 to 20 drops Cornbread Flavored Extract optional
- 4 all beef hot dogs cut into 12 to 15 slices each
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a regular (12 count) muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the heavy cream, sour cream, and eggs until fully combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and gently stir together until fully combined.
- Add the cornbread flavoring.
- Whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan (a little over 1/4 cup per muffin).
- Press 4 to 5 slices of hot dog into each muffin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown on the top.
- The muffins are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup drizzled over the top, or no bean chili and cheese.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.