This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.
Indulge in the perfect autumn treat with our Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies. Enjoy a decadent, fudgy brownie layer harmoniously paired with a creamy, sugar-free pumpkin pie topping. Satisfy your fall cravings guilt-free with this ultimate low-carb dessert. Dive into the flavors of the season today!
Join my newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies That Will Blow Your Mind
Hey there, fellow fall enthusiasts! 🍂 If you're anything like me, the arrival of September marks the start of pumpkin spice season, cozy sweaters, and an insatiable craving for all things autumn. And guess what? I've got a killer recipe that'll satisfy your fall cravings and then some. Introducing my latest creation: Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies! 😍
Now, let me spill the beans on why I whipped up this delicious concoction. You see, in my house, my husband is NOT keto. Nope, he's all about those regular, sugary treats. So, I took it upon myself to create keto-friendly desserts that are so irresistible, that even the non-keto folks couldn't resist.
The moment September rolls around, I become a fall fanatic. Pumpkin-flavored everything? Count me in! Cozy blankets, crisp air, with just a hint of spookiness – it's my jam. And I know I'm not alone in this obsession. Many of you share this love for all things pumpkin. Your messages requesting "pumpkin desserts that don't taste keto" did not fall on deaf ears, my friends!
I am thrilled to announce that I've cracked the code with my Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies. These babies are so good; even my husband's sweet tooth is in awe. My kids, grandkids, neighbors, and even my trusty photographer gave them a resounding thumbs up. Can you say, "recipe win"? 🙌
Now, let's dive into the nitty-gritty details of these keto marvels. Picture this: a luscious layer of rich, fudgy brownie at the base, crowned with a velvety, sugar-free pumpkin pie layer on top. It's like autumn and Chocolate had a love child in the kitchen! 😋
The brownie layer is pure indulgence – dark chocolate, butter, and a touch of cocoa powder come together for that perfect fudgy texture. And guess what? I've got a secret weapon – keto wheat baking flour – that keeps these brownies low-carb while maintaining their crave-worthy texture.
Now, let's talk pumpkin pie layer – it's creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-pumpkin-y. With real pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and a blend of warm spices, it's like a pumpkin pie and a brownie had a rendezvous in the oven and made a delicious baby!
And here's a little tip from me to you – patience is key! These keto pumpkin pie brownies need a good chill in the fridge after baking for at least 2 hours. It's tempting to dive in right away, but that extra time ensures that the pumpkin pie layer sets perfectly.
So, folks, get ready to experience the ultimate fall dessert – Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies. They're so good that the only problem you'll face is resisting the urge to keep them all to yourself! Go ahead, whip up a batch, and share the love (or not – I won't judge). 🎃💕
With these brownies, you'll be savoring the flavors of fall while staying true to your keto lifestyle. Now, go preheat that oven and get ready to fall in love with fall all over again! 🍁✨
🥘Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies Ingredients
These are the ingredients necessary to make Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies.
- Dark Chocolate - I love a 70% dark chocolate for these
- Pumpkin Puree - I make my own pumpkin puree to save money, it is so easy!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - this homemade pumpkin pie spice has the perfect amount of everything in it
A detailed list with measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
🔪Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies Instructions
This is a basic breakdown of the steps involved in making Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies. You will find the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Add the butter and finely chopped chocolate to a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 45-second intervals on medium power. Stir between each interval until smooth. Let the mixture cool slightly, then whisk in the whisked eggs, sweetener, and vanilla extract until you no longer see any bits of egg. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
Whisk together all the pumpkin pie ingredients until you no longer see lumps of sugar or bits of egg.
Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even layer.
Spoon the pumpkin layer over top of the brownie layer and carefully spread it into an even layer. Do not pour the batter from above onto the brownie layer as it will disrupt the brownie layer and you will no longer have even layers.
Helpful Hint: 💡: As you bake these delicious Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies, keep an eye out for the pumpkin layer's texture. When gently shaking the pan, you're looking for that slight wobble in the pumpkin layer, indicating that it's perfectly set. This ensures your brownie layer remains wonderfully fudgy.
- Chocolate - I use a 70% dark chocolate for this recipe but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer.
- Pumpkin Puree - I use my homemade pumpkin puree for this to save money but also for a fresher pumpkin flavor. If you choose to use store-bought pumpkin make sure that it is pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling contains sugar so it would not be keto.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - again I use a homemade blend of spices to achieve what I feel is the perfect pumpkin pie-y flavor. Feel free to come up with your own blend if you prefer.
- I currently do not have any variations to suggest for this recipe as I feel it is perfect just the way it is.
This is the equipment you will need to make Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies.
- Refrigeration: Store cooled brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The cool environment will help maintain their freshness and flavor.
- Freezing: If you want to savor these brownies beyond the 5-day mark or simply stock up for later, freezing is your best bet. Here's how:
- Cut and Wrap: Slice the brownies into individual servings or as desired. Wrap each piece tightly in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
- Layer and Seal: Place the wrapped brownie slices in a single layer in an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag. If stacking, separate the layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Label and Date: Don't forget to label the container or bag with the date of freezing. This way, you can keep track of freshness.
- Thawing: When you're ready for a treat, simply take out a frozen brownie slice and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or at room temperature for a quicker thaw. You can also warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds for that fresh-baked feel.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies can be frozen for an extended period if stored properly. When frozen at 0°F (-18°C) or below and kept in an airtight container or well-sealed freezer bag, they should maintain their quality for about 2 to 3 months.
By following these storage instructions, you can enjoy the delightful taste of your Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies even weeks after baking them. Now you can have a taste of fall whenever the mood strikes! 🍂🧡
Elevate the flavor of your Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies by adding a sprinkle of toasted chopped pecans or walnuts on top of the pumpkin layer before baking. The nutty crunch adds a delightful contrast to the creamy pumpkin pie and the fudgy brownie, making each bite even more irresistible. Plus, it adds a touch of elegance to your dessert, perfect for impressing your guests!
FAQ about Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies
Unfortunately, almond flour is not a direct substitute for keto wheat baking flour in this recipe. Keto wheat baking flour has unique properties that contribute to the brownies' texture. Using almond flour may result in a different texture, so it's best to stick to the specified ingredient for the best results.
While you can substitute milk chocolate for dark chocolate, keep in mind that it may increase the carb count due to the higher sugar content in milk chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter flavor, go ahead, but be aware that it might deviate from the keto-friendly aspect of the recipe.
Absolutely! Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies are perfect for making ahead. Follow the storage instructions mentioned in the post, and you can prepare them a few days or even weeks in advance. Freezing is also a great option for long-term storage without compromising taste and quality.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Keto Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Keto Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Keto Pumpkin Cake Roll
Pairing with Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies:
- Keto Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Keto Apple Cider
- Keto Hot Chocolate
- Keto White Hot Chocolate
- Keto Eggnog
Keto Pumpkin Pie Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang around the edges. Lightly grease the parchment paper with butter or coconut oil.
For the Brownie Layer
- Add the butter and finely chopped chocolate to a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 45-second intervals on medium power. Stir between each interval until smooth (Alternatively, melt together in a double boiler).
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then whisk in the whisked eggs, sweetener, and vanilla extract until you no longer see any bits of egg.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Set aside as you make the pumpkin layer.
For the Pumpkin Layer
- Whisk together all the ingredients until you no longer see lumps of sugar or bits of egg.
Assembling & Baking the Brownies
- Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Spoon the pumpkin layer over top of the brownie layer and carefully spread into an even layer. Do not pour the batter from above onto the brownie layer as it will disrupt the brownie layer and you will no longer have even layers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 50 minutes or until the pumpkin layer has a very slight wobble if you gently shake the pan.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in their pan fully. Then place in the fridge to chill and the pumpkin pie layer to set for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to slice, lift the brownies out of the pan using the overhang of the foil and place on a cutting board to slice. Slice with a sharp knife, wiping off the knife between cuts for clean cuts.
Pumpkin: If using store-bought pumpkin ensure that you're using pure pumpkin puree and not using canned pumpkin pie filling.
Bake Times: Ovens vary and bake times will also depend on how you like your brownies and pumpkin pie.
Cooling & Chilling: These steps are absolutely necessary for the pumpkin layer to set properly.
Storage: Store cooled brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #BobbisKozyKtchn I love to see what you make. You might even make it into our newsletter!!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.