MORE DELICIOUS ONE POT 30 MINUTE RECIPES
Stove Top White Mac and Cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped + more for garnish if wanted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces white American cheese, shredded or diced
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Redmonds real salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and stock. Add the thyme, white pepper, mustard powder, onion powder, and nutmeg. Stir in the pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cooking for about 10 minutes, or when the pasta is tender, stirring often to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Top with more fresh thyme if wanted.
Did you make this recipe?
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
Thank you for reading and supporting the companies I partner with. Doing so allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.