Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- 4 large vine ripened tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- A handfull of fresh basil leaves
- 4 eggs
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off about 1/8 inch from top of each tomato with a sharp knife. Gently scrape out pulp and seeds with a spoon and discard them. Put tomatoes, cut sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet and season them inside with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the Italian sausage breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no pink remains. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each tomato. Top with a few torn basil leaves.
- Crack an egg into a small ramekin and carefully pour into a tomato. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Bake eggs in tomatoes until whites are set and yolks are still runny, 18 to 22 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 0 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: tomato, egg, Parmesan cheese, italian sausage, basil, shallot, garlic, Breakfast, #SundaySupper,
Help support this blog by starting your Amazon shopping here. THANK YOU!!
(Turn off your ad blocker to see link)
Like what you see? Please leave me a comment!
Let’s stay connected!
A big thank you to DB over at Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting this awesome Sunday Supper, and major props the rest of the #SS family for these amazing Red, White, and Blue recipes!
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two ColorsRed and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.